The Spectator accept submissions of prose, poetry, plays, drawings, paintings, mixed-media, photography, ceramics, woodworking, composition, architecture, and performance pieces from all members of the BB&N community. All submissions are reviewed anonymously by our staff and editorial board.
1. Identify what you want to submit. It could be anything you’ve written in an English or language class or made in art class. It could also be a piece you’ve worked on outside of school. Writing can be of any length.
- For art submissions, take a photo (or video) of your piece. The quality of the photo does not impact review decisions.
3. After we review your submission, we will email you back with information on whether or not your piece was accepted for our upcoming issue.
4. If your piece has been accepted, you may need to do some follow-up work with one of our literary or art editors.
- For art submissions: if the quality of the photo is inadequate, we will ask you to communicate with one of our arts editors, who will take photos of your artwork.
- For literary submissions: if there are any suggestions that the staff has mentioned regarding your piece, you will be asked to communicate with one of our literary editors to make minor changes. You are by no means obligated to take the given suggestions.